About Greenwich Hospital
For decades Greenwich Hospital has been nationally recognized for its patient-forward approach to care, known throughout the healthcare industry as both a leader in service and patient satisfaction. When it comes to patient satisfaction, Greenwich has consistently resided among the top five percent of hospitals nationally.
Leading Medical Center
Greenwich Hospital’s unique partnership with YNHHS – dating from 1998 – has secured its position as the region’s leading medical center and healthcare provider, representing all medical specialties. A major affiliate of Yale School of Medicine, Greenwich Hospital is a teaching institution with an Internal Medicine residency program.
- Greenwich Hospital received four Pinnacle of Excellence Awards for maintaining high levels of excellence over three years in the following categories: Patient Experience in Ambulatory Surgery; Inpatient Services; Outpatient Services; and the federal Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). The HCAHPS is a survey for measuring patients’ perceptions of their hospital stay.
- In addition, Greenwich Hospital received two Guardian of Excellence Awards for reaching the 95th percentile for an entire year in the following categories: Patient Experience in Ambulatory Surgery and Outpatient Services. The awards were presented by Press Ganey, a national leader in measuring patient satisfaction.
- Greenwich Hospital was awarded the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award, placing the organization among the top 15 percent of hospitals nationwide for patient experience.
- Greenwich Hospital has also received five 2021 Women’s Choice Awards, recognizing it for the eighth year in a row as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Breast Centers, Cancer Care, Obstetrics, five years in a row for Bariatric Surgery and for the fourth time for its Stroke Center. These awards place Greenwich within an elite network of hospitals committed to empowering women to make informed healthcare choices.
- Greenwich Hospital is among only eight percent of the more than 5,600 hospitals in the U.S. to achieve a prestigious Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- A total of 170 Greenwich Hospital-affiliated physicians and more than 600 from across Yale New Haven Health have been selected by their state colleagues for Connecticut Magazine’s Best Doctors in America list in the June 2021 issue.